CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 31, 2010

Tempus Fugit (Time Flies!)

So - it's been a heck of a busy 2010. Finished off all the course work for my Bachelors in Business Admin. Worked very hard and long hours on my day job. My middle daughter got married in October. And the year passed in a blur. Oh, and I closed my store at the end of May. I'm okay with all that has gone on. I'm hoping for 2011 to be less stressful and more creative for me. I want to find time to work an art journal, attend creative retreats, and connect more with my artist friends online.

Doing an online store is hugely rewarding in that you get sneak peeks into the insider side of the creative life, but also somewhat challenging when you're on a small budget, because you want more than you can ever have... It was a good 2 year run and I learned a ton and met some incredible people. Ignore any links that take you to my store - it is no more. I will try to update and make the blog fresh for 2011. Anyone know a blog designer who wants a canvas to display their work? Have them send me an email - this site needs professional help. LOL.

So, ending my year with some catch up on my various sites and creative locations. I've already been miles on the internet today. Been signing up to follow lots of cool blogs and will start adding in the links in case you're interested too.

My last stop was Studio Calico - that site has me aching for their everything but the kitchen sink kit subscription. They've got a contest on for sharing your SC wish list, so here are my thoughts from viewing their store:

- Harper's Ruler stamp

- Sorry I missed the documentary kit - that is SO my style

- I have a passion for label stickers and journal card and all the ones in the store get me excited :)
-I’m still missing Tim Holtz Distress inks in Frayed Burlap, scattered straw, chipped sapphire, forest moss and tumbled glass

- I have yet to try the Studio Calico misters but love playing with new toys, they're definitely on my wish list.

- Love Claudine H and have been wanting her sticky back canvas for some project ideas percolating in my brain. Got to play with some of her products with Tim Holtz at a trade show - I'm going to miss my entree to those!

- We won't even mention paper - my shelves are full but I still crave more and more…

- I've never seen punch revitalizer before but it sure sounds like something I "need".

- Love the cherry blossom trim and cherish punch set.

- Rub-ons: they're all awesome, but I think I'd say blue cameras, red typeset, and brown wood grain

- Once I get a bit more progress on my outstanding credit cards I'm paying off, I'd love to join your kit club - the products appear exceptional and I'm a gotta have it all girl.

How about you - have you checked them out yet? Lots of yummy things for creative expressions.

Gotta go do more exploring - you may actually see a few posts from me in the next few days as I share some of my favorite places on the net.

Best wishes for a wonderful new year!


2 comments:

SandyL said...

Congratulations on finishing your schooling that should be a HUGE weight off your shoulders!

Theresa Merkling said...

Absolutely - even though I took the long road (one course a quarter), it was still a LOT of work to keep up with everything, I'm finally starting to feel like I can breathe a little bit again.