CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Abundant Inspiration

I know I've been offline a lot - been to Florida to see mom quite a bit this year - she's working at getting stronger and staying at one of my sister's homes for now. Thankfully, my sister is a nurse, so she understands what things to look for to keep her well.

Anyway, one good thing that I've found in all my travels - there are some amazing art type podcasts. I've even stumbled across some great stuff on the itunes podcasts. I've tuned in to some neat women podcasters - and now I'm interested in adding knitting to my portfolio of interests and maybe learning some new fibercrafts. There are more interesting knitting podcasts out there than scrap ones at this time - I think I'm addicted to Lime and Violet - when those gals get to chatting, I feel like I'm hanging out with girlfriends having fun. Another interesting one was CraftLit - I heard the podcasters talk to two older men who are combining humor with philosophy. They tell how they got their book "Aristotle and the Aardvark" published. Anyway, I ended up finding both their books at Barnes and Noble and picked them up - they're on my to read list.

No, I'm not giving up scrapping - it's still my most fav activity, but I love variety and new challenges. Along those lines, while I can't swing Donna Downey's event, I did go ahead and sign up for a full complement of a la carte classes to meet some of my need for personal growth.

Talking about growth, I was thinking that I'd love to host or attend some online chats for other small shop owners - particularly ones who take their store to events like crops. Now, to just find some people who fit in these categories. If you know anyone who might want to be part of that, please send them my way.

Other than that, I have had a few fun crops I attended this year already and am so happy with how they went. Janie and Andrea did a great job at their beach event - they do the Virginia Beach Sunshine Scrappers group and have affordable regular events. I did manage to sneak away for a couple of hours the one afternoon and took a class with Jenni Bowlin. We did 4 pages and had a fun time. I always enjoy meeting new people, especially talented artists like Jenni. She's very sweet and I love the vintage feel to their line.

Once again, I will try to do better at more regular blogging... 2010 just isn't moving along quite as I had hoped. Ah well, just keep moving forward and stay positive.

Have you been working on any new projects lately? If you've put them on the web, I'd love to see them. Please leave a comment with your link.