CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Numbers

Have you seen this show yet? I only recently stumbled across it in my tv viewing and am compelled to watch. Thank God for DVR. Somehow, the writers have caught my imagination with their math professor and my number phobia is receeding. Once upon a time, I was a good math student - it didn't come naturally, but I have the ability to grasp it. I was even an electronics tech in the Navy for 10 years and a lot of my lower level college credits are in math... then comes children and suddenly, math is hostile territory and my wits escape out the window.

Anyway, I've been plugging away a class a quarter toward my Bachelor's in Business Management and avoiding the Descriptive Statistics class. All of the classes I've done since I started with Strayer several years ago I've done in their online asynchronous environment. Got A's in everything so far except for a B in Finance. Thanks to Numbers, I'm ready to have a shot at an in person, instructor led course. I'm hoping that I'll be able to connect. I can teach myself most anything, but I'm not sure how I'll do with weekly classes (4 hours once a week) after working all day... guess we'll see how it goes...

What about you - what challenges are you tackling this new year?


2 comments:

Lola Goetz said...

Hey Theresa, just wanted to let you know that the YouTube video is totally hosing your template. When I look at things, your sidebar is shoved all the way to the bottom of the page. Just thought you might want to know.

scrapfaerie said...

I love Numbers...we have been watching it for a few years now. I too am a math phob, but I kinda start to get it by the end of the show lol