CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Twilight

Everyone's talking about it... have you read the book? Are you planning to see the movie?

Melody and I had been ignoring it because we usually like our vampire books to be about adults, but since this one is getting so much air time right now, she bought the book. I've just begun reading it... want to find out what all the fuss is about. As long as it doesn't end up as sexually aggressive as TrueBlood (since the story is about high school kids) I'll probably end up enjoying it...

What thinkest thou... ?

We're big vampire novel fans. Some of our favorite are:
Lindsay Sands (funny)
Sheryln Kenyon
Laurell K Hamilton
Charlain Harrison (Sookie Stackhouse series - TrueBlood on HBO)
Keri Arthur

So many more who's names are currently outside my memory - we're serious readers in our house... watching tv is a new thing for me - it's only in like the past year that I've become addicted to evening shows. Before that it was either computer or in my cave with a good book. Who are your favorite authors?

4 comments:

scrapfaerie said...

Theresa...it has no sex in it what so ever...well maybe a bit of the tension that goes along with teens! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these books! and soundtrack and the movie (ok so the movie isn't out yet but you get where I am coming from!) I already have my tickets for the 12:01am show. Plus I have even scrapped about the books!

I read all 4 books in less than a week. I couldn't put them down. I love my vampires too!

Theresa Merkling said...

I'm happy to hear these aren't teen age sex books LOL While it's not a problem for me to read about over the top sex with adults, the same is not true when it comes to teens or kids.

What is it about the books you find so compelling? I'm at page 126 of book one and haven't seen it yet... just high school drama...

scrapfaerie said...

um...EDWARD!! lol Sorry I love him! Actually I think it is because I could identify with Bella alot. I was kinda like her when I was in high school.

I like Sherilynn Kenyon too. I am reading Dream Hunter right now but almost finished with it. I signed up at paperbackswap.com so I have been able to catch up on all of her books.

Theresa Merkling said...

It took me the first half of Twilight to get into it, but I had to go to Target yesterday for the next book... gotta know what happens next... my challenge.