CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Twilight - finished book one

Okay, so, it's not TrueBlood (which unhappily didn't record while I was watching Dexter last night, so I have to catch it after work today On Demand). I guess I'm relieved by that considering that Bella starts out at 17. Took me the first 200 or so pages to find it interesting, but by the ending, I was hooked. After reading the teacher, I had to head out to Target and get the next book. This one is reading much easier now that we've got all the boring preliminaries out of the way. My brain keeps coming up with all these questions and scenarios - what if.. when will.. what about...

Dexter - I think he made a tactical error sharing that deeply with the DA. I see messy stuff in his future and a possible termination of a friendship/life coming up.

Weekend - passed to quickly. I ended up locked out of the quiz and couldn't take it - sent prof an email - waiting for a response. We drove up to Richmond yesterday for a browse through their mall. Nothing much jumped out at me screaming buy me, buy me. It was rather funny, though - the parking lots at the gun shops my husband visited were much more crowded than the mall. I bet the retailers are wanting to cry with the economy as bad as it is. Mark said they were 5 deep in the gun dealer waiting to purchase and that this is a much denser crowd than is normal even for hunting season. We attribute it to the president coming in. His regime is much less gun friendly and the hunters and others who get into guns are worried about what policies they'll bring in next year. Stock up and save, I guess. We had a large venison roast that we did in the crock pot. It was very lean (okay, dry). Anyone know some good venison recipes? Mark didn't get a deer, but his buddy did and since his freezer is full, Mark brought home most of the meat from the last event so even with a bad economy we won't go hungry. At least since it's not all that, it's not a huge overeating temptation for me...

Looking forward to hearing from you, particularly if you know how to cook game that actually tastes great.

Later!

2 comments:

SandyL said...

When we cook deer in the Crockpot I add either Cream of Mushroom Soup or Golden Mushroom soup..that makes it taste yummy :)

Theresa Merkling said...

Told my husband - he says he'll try that next time. Thanks!