CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Here comes the rain again

Second rainy day in a row. The trees have all turned pretty shades and I really wanted to take time to take some photos of the long, tree lined boulevard that runs through my neighborhood - the wet dark trunks and soft lighting make some gorgeous photos... but the rain just keeps coming. Around here, it's summer for a long time, a few days of fall, then winter, the rainy season sets in. Maybe I would be okay in the Pacific Northwest?

Fall is one of my favorite seasons. My only regret is that the trees won't cling to their vibrant wardrobe for just a few days longer. I love the crisp days. I love the smell of the leaves on the ground and the wisp of wood smoke from those with fireplaces.

Change is good, change is good, change is good. Sure hope that's right...


2 comments:

SandyL said...

Its our 3rd day of rain.. and the trees are gorgeous....I love it..

Leah said...

Yes, the trees are beautiful and we need the rain, but I'm not looking forward to raking up the leaves!!