CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The future looks bright

I know the economy is horrible, but some things give me hope. My middle daughter is one of them. She's a senior in high school completing her advanced diploma. She's in her 2nd year of technical academy learning graphic design and says she's on target for honor grad. Besides doing well in school, she's also working almost full time at Target. She's learning all the departments and becoming independent. Watching your children grow to adulthood is a wonderful, terrible thing. Your hopes grow, but your heart gets nervous about them leaving you. Some birds need to be shoved out of the nest to fly, others practice while they're young and then soar off to their own lives and futures when the time comes. Amanda is the latter. I'm relieved to see she's doing so well and has such great internal motivation. My nest is starting to empty out... who knows what will be next.

2 comments:

SandyL said...

I hear you.. My son who will be 19 next month is looking at renting an apartment.. Now that totally feels weird!

Theresa Merkling said...

I hear you... since Melody moved out (again) I've been going through the happy for her, sad for me thoughts on a regular basis. Letting go of your chicks is so hard to do.