CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 12, 2008

The Slow Success of a Lifestyle Change

Melody and I have been working for a month now on our new life program - (almost) daily walks of about 45 minutes to an hour with the dog, some core exercises, lower fat diet and portion control. We're seeing positive results, but they are OH SO slow! The pounds go, and then the come back - the up and downs of hormones are so painful. If the weight would just go consistently down and stay there, we'd both be more encouraged, but it seems that between water weight and the usual fluctuations, it's 2 steps forward and one step back. Overall, I have lost 8 pounds, but I want to lose LOTS more! Ah well - at least I can start to see some success as the flabby areas are tightening up and the clothes are fitting better. Keeping the motivation going is the hardest part. I sure am glad my daughter and I are doing this together. Don't think I could make it without her encouragement. While I stick with all kinds of other things in life that are difficult or unpleasant, when it comes to my weight, I seem to take the easy way out a lot of the times.

Thank God for providing us with people to come alongside us in the challenging times and provide the support we need to hang in there.

No comments: