CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sarah Palin - the Ruler?

I realize twitter is just a microblogging platform - at 140 characters, it's sometimes hard to express fully what you really mean, but one blogger wrote:

"The most awkward interview. Unfortunately she is not ready to rule http://tinyurl.com/54jfka "

I don't know about you, but I've always been under the impression that the VP role is supporting the president - but I've never thought that either of them "ruled" our country. What happened to by the people, for the people? Don't the three branches of government work together in a system of checks and balances?

I know I've been a slacker when it comes to following political news, but I don't recall hearing a whole lot about any "ruling" being done by a VP - or even a whole lot of action from them at all. The president seems to have a bit of power, but even he doesn't work in a vacuum and has the resources of the country watching his performance (and criticizing most decisions he makes whether they are good or bad.)

I don't know about everyone else, but I sure wish we'd see more about the issues and less about the personalities. I only made it through the first question of Friday's debate before I had to go to bed - I was bored senseless. Both candidates were given 2 minutes to respond to the first question (what do you think of the new financial policies about the bail out - which had not yet been finalized) and both spent the first minute thanking everyone from A-Z for the priveledge of using the theater etc. Then they spoke about how nicely the parties were playing together. Give me a break. I sure will be glad once the election is over. The yammering is boring me to tears.

No comments: