CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Exercise

The problem with exercise is that your body adjusts to it so quickly - when you're trying to lose weight, there is only so many miles you can walk a day and still accomplish the rest of your life. My body seems to lower the set point every other week by a pound or two and nothing I do seems to affect that. The "muscle is denser than fat" theory really isn't a whole lot of comfort. Yes, I'm in a smaller size, but still, the numbers are not going down the way I dream. And in case you are wondering, no, I'm not one of those 10 lbs to go people - I have several 10 pounds to go and want them to leave ASAP. The budget won't stretch for surgery, so I'm plodding away the old fashioned way with daily exercise and low fat, well balanced, high nutrition eating... ah, when will I see results to encourage me?!


2 comments:

journey2learn said...

Having several ten pounds to lose myself...am cheering you on.

Theresa Merkling said...

Thanks - my body found a weight it likes and doesn't want to budge. Sigh. Gotta hang in there.