CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 29, 2008

Photo Restoration

My mom sent my husband a birthday package - and inside was the greatest gift to me - a copy of my favorite portrait of her as a young woman in her army uniform! It's a great head and shoulders shot and it looks sepia now - although her blue eyes are the only colored part of the photo. Thankfully, my 17yo daughter, Amanda, has been studying graphic design as part of her high school curriculum, so today she's going to try her hand at some restoration and do some colorizing. I can hardly wait!

As a long time scrapper, the challenge of making meaningful layouts with my vintage photos has got me SO excited! I can hardly wait to get going with this. Once she's done, I'll use some more of my free prints credits at artscow and get them all developed. The hardest part for me is remembering which phots I've gotten developed and which are still waiting. I need to go back to my Stacy Julian class and get that part organized.

What do you do with your vintage photos?

No comments: