CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Diet and Exercise

About 2 weeks ago, Melody and I decided to start the "You on a Diet" plan to drop some poundage. The first week went great - the inches around the waist dropped, some pounds went down. I was revved. Last Saturday, we decided to plan a daily 30+ minute walk to our routine with our dog, Buddy. Each morning this week I've set my alarm for 5:30 am so I'd have enough time to exercise, cool down, shower and still make it to work on time. What has happened? The weight loss has slowed down to the point of even going back UP half a pound even though I'm being incredibly virtuous in my eating habits and no change to my waist measurement. Yes, I'm feeling firmer, but in my mind, I can't get past the numbers game. I'm not a strongly motivated person - it's a good thing Melody is doing this alongside me or I'd probably be ready to give up already. Yes, I know muscle weighs more than fat, but do you think that's a big incentive to work out? Ah, the trials of a fat girl....

No comments: