CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jean Chatzky - CHA Summer 2008


One of the fun things from CHA that I really enjoyed was meeting Jean Chatzky - she was the keynote speaker. I really enjoyed how friendly and personal she was - I felt like I was having a chat with a friend as she presented. Afterward, she signed books for anyone who wanted one... naturally, in my OCD way, I got one of each of her books.
Before her presentation, the event organizers set up a local food event for us - "A Taste of Rosemont". It was quite nice - samples from many of the great restaurants in that area. The only thing that might have made it better would be a larger space and some tables and seating. Juggling food and drink while walking in tight quarters can be quite the challenge, especially after a long day of brain stretching classes. Overall, though, the food was awesome. Wish my visit had been longer so I could have gone to more of the restaurants. The only real restaurant we had time to eat at at all was Giordanos. Ordered the traditional stuffed supreme pie - one slice was massive and totally satisfying. I guess the 3 of us didn't need a large pie after all - but that's how it is when you get greedy. We also ordered desserts to take back to the room - I had cannoli (yum), Melody tried tiramisu , and Marcie went traditional with cheesecake. Of course, it was a few hours later before we had any space to even indulge, but the desserts were also delicious.

No comments: